- Tim Carr. Create a Simple CRM in WordPress. Tuts+, 2015.
- Creating a Custom Post Type – Covers plugin header, OOP class to avoid conflicts, registering CPT (including a nice table of keys/descriptions).
- Creating Custom Fields – Covers meta boxes, custom fields, nonces.
- Advanced Custom Fields – Explains how to use the popular ACF plugin to simplify the process of creating custom fields.
- Adding Columns to WP_List_Table
- Extending WordPress Search
- Restricting / Hiding Menu Items – Covers some basics of using the standard roles to restrict access / hide menu items.
- Using Custom Capabilities – Includes how to create custom capabilities, assign them to a new role, and also how to add them to an existing role. Also introduces plugin activation/deactivation functions.
- WordPress Deployment Part 1: Preparing WordPress by Gilbert Pellegrom. Delicious Brains, 5/2018.