References / Further Reading
- Johan Satge. Mastering WordPress Roles and Capabilities. SitePoint, 2015.
- The best article I’ve found so far, but still lacking, especially when it comes to implementation for plugins.
- Daniel Pataki. WordPress Roles and Capabilities Explained (Plus Code-Based Tweaks). wpmudev, 2015.
- Of similar scope and value as Satge, still leaves me looking for more.
- David Hayes. Working With WordPress User Roles and Capabilities. WPSHOUT!, 2015.
- Tim Carr. Creating a Simple CRM in WordPress: Using Custom Capabilities. Tuts+, 2015.
- Part of a good, larger series that demonstrates how to build a simple CRUD plugin.
- Also helpful in this series is the preceding tutorial, Restricting / Hiding Menu Items, the title is misleading as it is actually about roles and capabilities which result in restricting/hiding menu items.