Note: The documentation oftentimes has one title while the permalink is another. In this case I’ve included the permalink title in parentheses after the proper page title where I thought it would be useful.
Note: I find the PhpStorm documentation somewhat difficult to follow. It is very DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself) which means you have to navigate across multiple pages to gain the information on completing one process. I’ve attempted to provide opinionated guidance where I thought it would be useful.
- WordPress (Using WordPress Content Management System) – The top-level of documentation for PhpStorm’s integration with WP. Not a ton here, mainly a landing page for the more detailed contents below.
- Getting Started with WordPress (Preparing to Use WordPress) – Instructions on how to use PhpStorm with a full WP install or WP-CLI.
- If you are just getting started, go with the full WP install. You may want to use VVV which will set you up with WP installs and a full virtual machine. See the Using the Advanced Vagrant Features in PhpStorm documentation.
- WordPress-Specific Coding Assistance – To receive coding assistance one needs to add the WP install as an “external library” or include the entire install as the project.
- In practice, I’ve found the former difficult and have seen the latter recommended.
- You may or may not want to enable the WP code style. There has been some movement within the WP community (see, e.g., Tom McFarlin and Josh Pollock) to use PHP PSR standards instead.
- You can also do static code analysis using PHP_CodeSniffer.
- WP-CLI Command Line Tool – Instructions on utilize WP-CLI with PhpStorm.
- Configuring Xdebug.
- Excluding Files and Folders from Upload/Download.
- PhpStorm Debugging.
- Configuring Remote PHP Interpreters.
- Christian Scheb. PHPStorm Inspections for Your Continuous Integration Process. 2019.
- Sebastian Serre. Install WordPress Coding Standards on PHPStorm Easily. thivinfo, 2019.
- Stanislas Lange. Debug PHP in Docker Using Xdebug with VS Code or PhpStorm. angristan, 2019.
- Ankit Gupta. Sync Files to Remote Server with PHPStorm on Windows. medium, 2019.
- Daniel Opitz. Using Xdebug with Vagrant and PHPStorm. odan, 2019.
Articles from Official Blog
- Roman Pronskiy. New .phpstorm.meta.php Features. jetbrains, 2019.
- Anton Monakov. Locating Dead Code. jetbrains, 2019.
- Anton Monakov. Quickstart with Docker in PhpStorm. jetbrains, 2018.
- Anton Monakov. Testing Improvements in PhpStorm 2018.1. jetbrains, 2018.
- Anton Monakov. How to Provide Stubs for PhpStorm. jetbrains, 2018.
- Anton Monakov. Codeception Code Coverage Support. jetbrains, 2018.
- Anton Monakov. Getting PhpStorm Ready for Xdebug 2.6. jetbrains, 2018.
- Gary Hockin. Working with PHPUnit and PhpStorm. jetbrains, 2017.
- Anna Lebedeva. Videos: Testing with PHPStorm. jetbrains, 2017.
- Anton Monakov. Connecting to Deployment Servers and Remote Interpreters with SSH-Agent. jetbrains, 2017.
- Gary Hockin. UML Diagrams in PhpStorm 2017.2. jetbrains, 2017.
- Gary Hockin. Docker Remote Interpreters. jetbrains, 2016.