Skip to content
- Alex Mansfield. The WordPress Theme Customizer: a Comprehensive Developer’s Guide. ThemeFoundation, Nov. 2012.
- This article has been updated since 2012, but, unfortunately, when and what is not disclosed.
- Its stand-out feature is the depth it goes into sanitization callbacks.
- Narayan Prusty. Getting Started with the WordPress Theme Customization API. SitePoint, Feb. 2015.
- While only covering the basics of the Customization API I found this article quite good from a conceptual standpoint. I was struggling to understand some aspects of the Customization API and this really helped me understand.
- David Hayes. Making Themes More WYSIWYG with the WordPress Customizer. WPSHOUT!, April 2015.
- A useful article, includes a brief dive into creating custom classes.
- NARGA Editorial. Comprehensive Guide to make WordPress Theme Options with Customization API. NARGA, Sept. 2013.
- Rachel McCollin. The WordPress Theme Customizer. Smashing Magazine, March 2013.
- Scott Fennell. Getting Started with the WordPress Customizer. CSS Tricks, Dec. 2015.
- Useful, but some of his techniques are a bit different than those used elsewhere and may be confusing.
- Unique contribution is explanation of deregistering settings.
- WordPress Theme Handbook. “Theme Options – The Customizer API.”
- Tom McFarlin. A Guide to the WordPress Theme Customizer Series. envatotuts, 2013.
- What It Is, Why It Benefits Us.
- Getting Started.
- Sections, Settings, and Controls.
- Adding a New Setting.
- Methodology for Sections, Settings, and Controls Parts 1 & 2.
- Advanced Controls.
- Review and Resources.
- Afzal Hossain. Srizon Custom Controls. GitHub.
- Daniel Pataki. Creating Cool Custom Controls for the WordPress Theme Customizer. wpmudev, Nov. 2014.
- Denis Zoljom. WordPress Theme Customizer Extra Custom Controls. GitHub.
- A bundle of custom controls including multi input, sidebar dropdown, image select, checkbox switch, custom info., custom separator.
- Erik Ford. Add Custom Category Controls to WordPress. Aug. 2013.
- An article explaining how to build a custom category control.
- Appears to be the most robust manner of extending custom controls currently available.
- Includes following custom controls: editor, radio, checkbox, switch, code, repeater, radio image, color, radio-buttonset, text, typography, select control, number control, toggle, color-alpha, radio, slider, palette,dimension, select, textarea.
- Paul Lund. WordPress Theme Customizer Custom Controls. GitHub.
- A collection of custom controls built by Paul Lund.
- Search Results for “wordpress custom control” on GitHub.
Upload File Control